Would your life be positively impacted by owning over 400 rental units? What if you could get there in under four years? On today’s show, we interview BiggerPockets contributor Sterling White, who has managed to do just that!
Sterling shares how he started his entrepreneurial journey selling Pokemon cards and eventually worked his way up to owning over 150 single family properties (and several multifamilies as well). He also shares how he finds 90-100% of his properties OFF MARKET using a five-step system for finding and closing on them (so simple anyone can do it), as well as the script he uses when speaking directly to sellers. You don’t want to miss his powerful secret for building rapport with potential leads (by sending a specific puzzle to them in the mail) and how he raises money to close on these properties.
If you want to scale your business and want the blueprint for how to do it, don’t miss this powerful episode!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Managing a rental can be a hassle, but Zillow Rental Manager brings the process into the 21st century. Best of all, you can collect payments electronically from your renters — at no cost! Just go to Zillow.com/BiggerPockets to learn more about Zillow Rental Manager.
Deep Dive Sponsor
Fundrise enables you to invest in high-quality, high-potential private market real estate projects. I’m talking anything from high rises in D.C. to multi-families in L.A. — institutional-quality stuff. And each project is carefully vetted and actively managed by Fundrise’s team of real estate pros.
Their high-tech, low-cost online platform lets you track the progress of every single project, and keep more of the money you make. Oh, and by the way, you don’t have to be accredited.
Visit Fundrise.com/biggerpockets to have your first 3 months of fees waived.
Fire Round Sponsor
If you’ve been thinking about getting a SimpliSafe – Home Security System, but have been
waiting for the holidays when all the tech deals come out—you’ve made a smart move! If you go to SimpliSafe.com/biggerpockets you’ll get 25% off any new system. That’s an amazing deal.
They rarely do anything like this but they’re doing it just for us!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Sterling got into real estate, working for free just to learn
- Negotiating equity: What is it?
- Why you possibly shouldn’t go the wholesaling route
- The benefit of focusing on your strengths
- How to work with your family and friends and branching out from there
- How he finds deals—cold call mixed with direct mail
- Why he sends Rubik’s cubes to prospects
- Tips for creating a network of investors by building a funnel
- What his team looks like
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
Fire Round Questions
- “You just have to train yourself to get past objections.” (Tweet This!)
- “Share your story to other people who are where you were.” (Tweet This!)
- “If you can’t negotiate the price, negotiate the terms.” (Tweet This!)
- “Everything is selling. Even when you’re buying, you still have to sell.” (Tweet This!)
- “We all have a short amount of time on this planet, so might as well go after your dreams and goals ultimately.” (Tweet This!)